Sunday, September 20, 2009

Cha-Ching

Saturday started early for Extreme Divers. Destination was Black Point at 07:15, we weren't suppose to be there till 07:30 but Team Extreme was stoked about a day on the water. We were all there Frank, Hector, Larry and of course the "Old Guy" (me). Buy the time the boat showed up a few minutes later everyone had eyed Hector's new Wong Hybrid gun, all black and brand spanking new. It shinned in the morning sun like a diamond in a goats ass. Sky wasn't all clear but the sun shined, the wind maybe 5-10 out of the east. The Contender cut through the bay like a hot knife in butter with it's twin 200's humming like a new 2010 Chevy Camaro, before we knew it we were heading outside of the islands heading for south of Pacific Lighthouse. First spot shallow, I decided to grab Larry's new underwater camera. It took a few minutes to figure which button turned it on and zoomed it, and oh that tall one takes the picture, now I got it. Sometimes I'm slow, but I never stop. I see Larry lining up on something in a cave. Ok a got the camera start taking pictures. He nails a nice doggie, then I see a nice mutton come out the other side and I yell for Hector comes over and lines up with that shiny new gun, well just at that moment a sunbeam must have just shined in the water and Hector missed. Hector had another shot at that mutton and well the gods were just not in his favor. I swam up to him and cuffed him up side the head in the water. We got seperated and I had a remora playing tag, then I saw Hector and as soon as he swam over there was another huge Mutton, but this time he got it. I took a couple of pictures but remember the camera belongs to Larry so he will have to post them. We decided to pull Larry and Frank to the drop off of the reef water was about 40' and we saw Larry go down I asked the Captain what was on sonar he indicated fish I said it looks good. Just about the time I'm throwing my legs over, I hear this loud scream from Larry, and he has a smile from ear to ear. He holds up a monster mutton must have been 15 lber. A few minutes later I was following the drop off north when I spotted two blacks following the reef line south. I ducked down and nailed one. After securing the first one I tried to find the second but it disappeared faster then chez-wiz at a slumber party. Next thing I know everyone is somewhere else and I see another black this one actually waits for me to take a perfect shot and shone him with my Venom 100cm. This is pretty much how it continued all morning. Everyone was getting fish (see pic #2). In the picture we still had 4 hogs in the freezer. Well at 12:30 the cooler was filled and we headed in. Half day out produced more fish then almost the whole rest of the year so far. Many thanks to Larry securing the boat ride. Just as before, If you Dive, Dive Extreme, if not stay home!

1 comment:

  1. Good Blog! ;)

    See my blog:

    http://azoresub-bluewater.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete