Sunday, December 6, 2009

December Winds

December 5th- Hector called and ask to go out of Hillsburo Inlet with a new guy named Chad. Chad's boat was at his parents house right next to a castle. That's right I said castle, towers, two 30 foot doors and camera's all over. Anyways were were excited as there wasn't much wind. After a 1/2 hr. trip to the inlet our wishes were but dreams. 10-15 mile an hour winds out of the Southeast. Figures weather man got it wrong again. 3-4 foot swells made the going a little rough we dropped on 3 Blacks. To this day I don't know why Hector calls it 3 Blacks I've never seen a black there. I think I will rename it Zero Black. I did manage a Hog there, it was legal. Hector got a nice size yellow jack which he indicated he was going to smoke and make dip with. The viz was barely 40 ft. current was running about 1 knot north. We started to pull anchor when we noticed a Brownies Third Lung and it was running, we were between the second and third reef a good 3/4 mile of shore no way this guy came from the beach. We fired up the engine when he got close and he came to the surface indicating his dive boat would return in 10 minutes and he was o.k. After that we decided to drift a while I got another Hog. So this put me on the boat and Chad and Hector in the water. Chad got a hog along the way and around 1 pm. we called it a day. Nothing lost, nothing broken a few fish it was another good day on the water.

2 comments:

  1. The best app i could say personally to have for when i am on the water is KnowWake. It has all the wake zones on top of google maps as well as gas stations, dive spots, boat ramps resteraunts pretty much everything i need. I don't have top worry about my map blowing off the boat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete